Saturday, August 18, 2012

Amy is Not-So-Epic

Let's get the basics out of the way first, shall we?

I'm Amy. I'm 24. I have four sisters. I hate commas. That's the not-so epic. Oh, and I have just moved from the Cleveland area to the Boston area. Which would be the sort-of epic adventure part.

This might not sound like all that big of a deal. I mean, I went off to college by myself, in the middle of a corn field.  But this is a little bit different or, at least, I think so. I'm going from having my own car to public transportation. Two jobs to no job (yet). Nine bookshelves to three. It's a bit of an adjustment so far.



But I haven't even been here for a week so it's all still very very new. Though I have successfully made it to Target and Starbucks by myself.

Anyway, I moved out here when my old college roommate said that one of her roommates was leaving. I lived with my parents and two younger sisters and thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to move off on my own for a little bit. The lease is only a year so I suppose we'll see how things go.

The hardest thing so far to process is the distance and the likelihood of not being home for holidays. Not just holidays but all the little things. My youngest sister's Senior Night for band, Black Friday shopping with my eldest sister and mum, Midnight movie releases with the whole bunch of us. That I find really hard to think about.

Aside from my complete and total panic when my parents left I've been okay so far. A few teary eyed moments but nothing major. I don't think any of it has really sunk in just yet. This is the longest I've gone without working so I feel a bit as if I'm on vacation. I have a job interview on Monday (keep your fingers crossed) so maybe it will hit me once I start with a schedule and won't be going home after work.

I think that's a good start. I already have more stories for you all so I'll be back. It's going to be an interesting year, that's for certain.

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment