Sunday, March 24, 2013

Shower thoughts: Not a Mystery

It occurred to me tonight that I am not mysterious.

Okay, so it didn't just occur to me. I never really thought I was. I'm awkward not mysterious. But it sort dawned on my just how not mysterious I am.

You can tell every single thing about how I am feeling by either looking at me or having a very brief conversation. If I'm pointedly not talking or even looking at you, I really don't feel like chatting. If you're getting short, clipped responses, I am forcing myself to be polite but I really don't feel like chatting. Sometimes it's a general not chatting. Other times I just don't feel like talking to you personally. It's not usually something you did, it's just how I'm feeling.

I am not mysterious but I am fickle.

Other days though I will look pointedly at you until you come over and chat. I will make a comment every time I see you. I will be chatty. You'll get legitimate answers to things. It will be miraculous. Sometimes I even bounce a little as I walk, I'm having a good day.

So, no, I am not mysterious. I'm fickle and moody. Predominately cranky, but such is life.

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment