Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Facebook Chain-Things

Do you remember chain-letters? How annoying they were?

The new chain letter is all of this Facebook 'Share-this-picture-or-you're-a-terrible-person' stuff.

I hate this.

I am not a bad person because I don't want to share this text-graphic telling everyone that special needs children are just like normal kids.

I'm not saying that I don't agree, I'm just saying that I don't need to plaster it all over Facebook. Sometimes Facebook is an escape and I like posting things about books or just lovely pictures.

I am not a bad person and I don't have a small, black, shriveled heart. I just don't want to share everything about every potentially sad or devastating thing in the world.

Sharing it on Facebook is not going to make me a better person. Or make other people better for having seen it.

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment